Friday, January 29, 2010

Failure to Think Different

Posted by hiday81 at 7:14 AM
I'm not even going to say very much in response to this blog post, except to point out that her sense of self-importance is way out of proportion. Apple doesn't have to convince her that the iPad is "better than a netbook" because it's not about her. This isn't a product primarily targeted at techies, tech reporters, developers, gurus, pundits, or the like. Much of the target audience doesn't even grok what a netbook is.

I'm sure somebody has told you all this before, but let me point it out again: it's not always about you. Products can be successful even if they aren't right for you.

Frankly, I think this thing could be a huge success just from techies buying them for their parents or other relatives who rely on them for tech support.

This thing doesn't cost all that much more than a portable DVD player, for crying out loud, and it's smaller. I'd buy one just to watch movies when I travel.

I'm a techie, but I don't need to be able to program on every electronic device I own. I don't hate my dishwasher because I can't get to the command line. I don't hate my DVD player because it runs a proprietary operating system. Sheesh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

 

Copyright © 2011 Next Iphone | Store Mobile Phone Store