Friday, March 12, 2010

Alive!

Posted by hiday81 at 11:46 AM
Sorry for the dearth of posts lately. Things have been quite crazy. I've got a couple of super-secret projects I've been working on that can't announce just yet, plus I've been keeping busy doing contract work for clients to try and catch up a bit financially from how long More iPhone Development took to write.

On top of that, we've decided to move from Central New York to Florida, so we've got the added burden of trying to get the house ready to go on the market. Plus, our washing machine broke. It seems that the closer we get to the end of a fiscal quarter (royalties are paid quarterly), the more likely a major appliance or car will crap out. Last quarter, it was my wife's car. This quarter it's the washing machine. Doesn't make sense to buy a new one and then pay to move it, so we're without a washing machine until the move, meaning more time devoted to hand washing and/or going to the laundromat. A family of six (plus a dog) generates a lot of laundry.

Don't mean to complain, the washer wasn't exactly new and these things happen, but I wanted to let you all know why the pace of new posts lately has slowed down so much the last week or so. I haven't forgotten you all, I'm just having trouble finding the time to do everything I need to do.

On a happier note, I ordered an iPad today. I'm starting with a dev device, but if we like it, we'll probably get another one or two for the family later one. I'm pretty excited about the opportunities this device presents, and I can't wait to see some of the killer apps people devise for that big touch screen. I've got a few SDK 3.2 topics I'd love to cover here but, alas, the whole NDA thing has stifled me a bit as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

 

Copyright © 2011 Next Iphone | Store Mobile Phone Store