Wednesday, August 11, 2010

NSOperation File Template Notes

Posted by hiday81 at 11:36 AM
I've had a few questions about the NSOperation subclass file template I posted earlier. Instead of individually responding, I thought I'd clarify here:

First, in order to use the templates, you'll need a couple of categories on NSInvocation that you can find here. I forgot that those methods weren't part of NSInvocation because I use them so frequently.

Also, you'll notice replacement tokens in the template, similar to those you get for parameters when you use autocomplete with a method or function. This was intentional. If I had used any of the file template replacement tokens, the delegate methods would have begun with a capital letter and the method names wouldn't have always made sense. Instead, you have to replace the tokens with a value - the same value.

In theory, typing the value for one replacement token should change the value for all replacement tokens of the same name, but it doesn't seem to work in the header file, for some reason I haven't been able to figure out yet.

Anyway, hope that helps with some of the confusion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

 

Copyright © 2011 Next Iphone | Store Mobile Phone Store